Posted by: dwjmcneil | January 15, 2009

Update

Welcome to a new year!!!

The Toadstool pond has come a long way since it first started. I have learned a lot more about it, have had a lot of fun doing it, and made changes that were not planned or for seen. But I’m so proud of the progress that I have seen.

The stats.

We have currently approx. 150 tilopia, 1600 gal of water, a breading tank, a male and female tank, 4 100+ gal grow beds (waterways, which are on stilts), and we have added 2″ and 3″ pipe to increase water flow.

Most of the winter we have ben thinking of ways to keep the plants and fish (and the water) warm. We have insulated and covered every thing making a make-shift green house.

In the in between stages of putting it all together, it was very frustrating because not every thing was adding up the way I thought it would. But the good news (with the exception of the Gospels) is that it all coming about, and I’m having fun doing it.

I have started paramedic school, so I have been rather busy lately. But keep the questions coming, I always have time to answer those.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Categories

%d bloggers like this: